Monday, October 21, 2013

Break.




First off, I love to write.






I have been writing (for free) on the internet for almost 10 years. It all started with reviews for IMDB in 2004—with Ace Ventura: Pet Detective being my first review. I have written over 200 reviews for IMDB, and over 500 articles amongst my 3 blogs in Blogspot.



So as you can see, I love to write.



However…I can’t continue, not for now.




Life happens sometimes. Every once in a while it drains all your dreams, aspirations, momentum, drive, and desires. It happens to the best of us, it happens to the worst of us. It happens on different periods of your life, it is guaranteed. You can try to hide from it, you can try to avoid it, you can try to take on confrontation head-on. Or you can cower from it. But the inevitable is, you will run into rocky time periods. And now I have hit it.

On a creative standpoint, I am hitting rock bottom.


My motivation to continue these three blogs has disappeared. To figure out why, it would require hours of ranting, hours of screaming, and hours of psychoanalysis and I just don’t have the energy to explain. But the inevitable has arrived, and I find myself opening up these pages with the biggest case of writer’s block this side of the hemisphere.


In writing, you need time, you need space, and you truly need a drive. You don’t get help when you write, this isn’t one of those types of hobbies that allows for you to seek help and pass the baton temporarily. Anyone can give you tips, but it is all up to you to tackle the work you are writing. Writing is you versus the prose. Writing is you alone against the empty canvas. If you don’t have it, you don’t have it. It is a tough, brutal, sadistic battle.


So I am taking a true blue break. I have taken breaks in the past, but they were always short-lived, they were always brief, and they never truly became breaks. This one is legit. This is the real deal. I have nothing. I have absolutely nothing left to give.


How long is this break amongst the three blogs going to be? No idea. I want to say that I will start again next January with the new year, with a fresh new start. But I truly don’t know. It pains me to do this, and I want this stretch to end as quickly and as swiftly as humanely possible. But I can’t guarantee anything. Maybe I am walking away from all this. I don’t know. It may seem silly now, but I see a blank space in the coming months. I don’t see much ahead.



In simple terms, I don't have the drive, the edge, the "eye of the tiger" to continue this....for now.



I have nothing left. For now.


We shall see in 2014 if the drive comes back.


Until then, take care. Thanks for reading, thanks for participating, thanks for putting up with me, and hopefully down the road I can continue this hobby.







I hope.













Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment